CHICAGO – The DePaul golf team travels to Columbia, Mo., for the final tournament before the BIG EAST Championship as the Blue Demons are one of 17 teams competing at the Missouri Tiger Intercollegiate. The event is scheduled for Monday and Tuesday with two rounds on Monday followed by the final round on Tuesday.
The Club at Old Hawthorne is the site of the 54-hole tournament and features a 7,221-yard layout for a par 72. Live scoring is available at GolfStat.com.
The field consists of DePaul and host Missouri along with Austin Peay, Bellarmine, Boston College, Bowling Green, Central Arkansas, Drake, Eastern Kentucky, Kansas City, Missouri State, Morehead State, North Alabama, Oral Roberts, South Dakota State, SIU-Edwardsville and Wichita State.
DePaul’s lineup this week includes Noah Kolar, Artemiy Yalovenko, Conor Glennon, Nik Gatmaytan and Alex Vekich.
The MU Tiger Invitational is the final tune up before the annual BIG EAST Championship. The conference event is set for April 25-27 in Pine Mountain, Ga.
Spring Schedule Recap: The spring schedule takes the Blue Demons to Florida, Arizona, Texas, Alabama and Missouri.
- Earl Yestingsmeier Match Play (Feb. 7-8) – The Blue Demons went 1-2 with losses to Toledo and Loyola Chicago and a win over Xavier… Noah Kolar, Artemiy Yalovenko and Aarjav Patel all finished the event with wins in two matches.
- Loyola (Md.) Intercollegiate (Feb. 20-22) – DePaul finished 11th out of 18 teams competing in Goodyear, Ariz… Noah Kolar finished in a tie for 18th place with a three-round total of 214 (-2)… his third round score of 69 (-3) was the best circuit at Palm Valley Golf Club by a Blue Demon during the tournament… Artemiy Yalovenko finished in a group in 24th place with a 54-hole total of 215 (-1).
- Colin Montgomerie Invitational (March 7-8) – The Blue Demons placed 11th out of 16 teams in Spring, Texas… Artemiy was the top finisher in a tie for 23rd (226, +10)… his one-under round of 71 in the second round was the best round of the event for DePaul.
- Craft Farms Intercollegiate (March 27-29) – DePaul finished 12th out of 13 teams in Gulf Shores, Ala… Noah Kolar was the top finisher in a group in 28th place… his round of 71 (-1) in the third round was the top circuit by a Blue Demon in the tournament… he finished with a total score of 220 (+4).
BIG EAST Championship Moves to Georgia: The annual BIG EAST Championship will be played in April at Callaway Gardens in Pine Mountain, Ga. The three-day championship will be played April 25-27. After finishing second or third in five of the last seven conference tournaments, the Blue Demons look to clinch the program’s first BIG EAST title in 2022. The 2021 league event took place at Streamsong Resort in central Florida with the three DePaul golfers finishing in the top 16. As a team, the Blue Demons finished sixth out of the nine teams competing.
Fall Schedule Recap: The Blue Demons competed in four events during the first half of the season.
- Valpo Fall Invitational (Sept. 20-21) – The Blue Demons finished eighth out of 12 teams competing in Chesterton, Ind… Artemiy Yalovenko was the top finisher in a tie for 29th at 230 (+14)… Yalovenko and David Griggs posted the best rounds of the event with each recording a 74 (+2) in the third round.
- Zach Johnson Invitational (Sept. 27-28) – DePaul finished 11th out of 15 teams in West Des Moines, Iowa… Noah Kolar led the team in a tie for 28th with a tournament score of 220 (+7)… Grant Boyson and Nik Gatmaytan each carded a 70 (-1) in the second rounds for the top team rounds of the event.
- Tom Tontimonia Invitational (Oct. 4-5) – The Blue Demons placed fourth out of 13 teams in Cleveland, Ohio… the event was shortened to two rounds due to weather… Noah Kolar finished in a tie for fifth with a 36-hole score of 141 (-1)… he turned in a career-best score of 67 (-4) in the second round.
- Xavier Invitational (Oct. 18-19) – DePaul finished eighth out of 12 teams… Alex Vekich and Artemiy Yalovenko finished in a group in 13th place with tournament scores of 218 (+5).